Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Evening Star by Ryan Lovelace

Gregg Tally [of White Owl Surfboards] asked me to build him an Evening Star while I inhabit his shop/during the sorting of my new space...so I did:


8'6" x 22" x 3"


I've been really into circular deck patches lately, especially on a few boards in particular...This one didn't quite dodge my obsession...


The triple stringer blank is from US Blanks, which came out oh-so-sweet. And I couldn't help but polish her all the way out after getting all burnt-tangerine with the resin...I'm proud to have made this for Gregg. It's been a humbling experience being able to fling my resin and foam dust around his shop and I'm more than happy to have shaped and glassed this board start to finish, so here's to 100% hand built products:

No comments:

Post a Comment